Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween…

I went out to play a pool match last night and I saw a friend I hadn’t seen in a while.

We got chatting and I asked him how his missus and his daughter were. So we discuss playing pool and other bits and bats and we’re having a laugh. Then I asked him something along the lines of what his girl was up to tonight and he replied she’d gone to a Halloween party dressed as a pumpkin and she looked really cute.

So I said that was brilliant because when she gets back from the party and he was back from the match he could end up getting jiggy with a pumpkin.

The conversation died and he just stared at me. Then the penny dropped.
‘You do realise it’s my daughter who’s gone to the party dressed as a pumpkin, don’t you?’
‘No. I thought you were talking about your wife…’
‘No. It’s my daughter…’
‘And your wife didn’t dress as a pumpkin as well?’
‘No…’
‘Oops…’

No comments: