Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Crack Monkeys...

I complimented the rest of the subs desk today by telling them they were performing like monkeys on crack after they’d shifted their way through a very large pile of proofs in impressive time. I then mused that it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to put monkeys on crack when a colleague suggested that it had probably already been done.

‘When?’ I asked.
“Well they had to test it somehow.’
‘But why on monkeys?’
‘Why not?’
‘Well it’s not like it’s a drug for medical use is it? I imagine they’d test it on humans.’
‘Trust me. It’s always monkeys who are first in line…’ he said. Knowingly.

I thought about this and it made me feel quite sorry for the monkeys as they obviously don’t know which way they’re going. At one point they’re puffing away on new types of cigarette, the next thing they know they’re testing out devices to stop people smoking, then they're on crack. No wonder they always look glum in those cages.

I may start a campaign…

No comments: