Monday, May 08, 2006

The Other Woman...

Went out with my 'other woman' a few nights ago.

The missus knows all about her and she and the boy openly refer to her as my 'other woman'. But her boyfriend also refers to me as her 'other man' so at least everybody knows where they stand.

Me and my 'other woman' met doing martial arts and we're both professional word butchers and we both also play pool so in many ways it's a friendship made in heaven. She also told me two of the funniest things I'd heard in a long time.

The first concerns her boyfriend, who recently went on a 'flirting course' paid for by his work. The object of this course was to give marketing and sales people the sort of subtle skills they made need in the markertplace to woo potential advertisers or other clients to part with their hard-earned cash via subtle flattery and other non-verbal seduction techniques.

The second concerned her dad, who since retirement has embarked on an impulse-buying spree which has so far included a pool table and a computer. We reckoned it wouldn't be long before he sold the house and bought a travelling circus - or blew his pension on a unicorn to tether and keep in the back garden.

I just hope the two don't meet and reveal their new skills or it could be financial carnage all round...

No comments: