Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Black To The Future...


The wife is in full flow…

‘You’ve done what? I can’t believe I married you sometimes! You are a retard…’
‘But I made it perfectly clear I wasn’t on the market.’
‘The thought of infidelity is not the problem here. It’s the fact that you’ve actually joined the bloody thing in the first place… I have married a 100 per cent bonafide freak…’
‘Is he bigger than me?’
‘Christ…’

After having chanced upon the dating site for Goths (gothicmatch.com) last week, I decided to join so I could access the more interesting bits of the site.

In my defence I made it perfectly clear that I was not in the market for any funny business as I was a happily married man. Remarkably the missus isn’t bothered at the prospect of Goth adultery (‘They can bloody have you!’) but is disturbed by the fact I am increasingly drawn to this particular phase from my youth and is concerned I will start to dress in black and wear eyeliner.

I have told her she has nothing to fear and, even if I did go down the eyeliner route, she has no worries about me borrowing hers as she doesn’t do make-up. But I think she’s still worried…

No comments: