Friday, August 25, 2006

Bad Apple!


My ipod gave up the ghost yesterday after about 15 months of careful ownership and I got very arsey after various attempts to reboot it, recharge it and connect it to my laptop failed.

I mentioned this to the missus and she pointed me in the direction of Which? Magazine, where I read a report on several disgruntled Apple customers who had bought their ipods and were stunned to find out they had a shelf life of a mere 18 months before they died for good.

Apparently under the Sales Of Goods Act it is reasonable to expect an expensive product such as an ipod to be of ‘satisfactory quality’ so there is a strong argument for getting a refund or for having the thing repaired at their expense if it just dies.

This, of course, depends on how much you are willing to shout and rant and in my current Hapkido-induced state of general mellowness I’m not sure I can carry this off at present.

Lots of people who can, though, can be found by googling ‘I hate apple’ and the like and some tales of disgruntled customers are really quite appalling.

Bizarrely about 20 minutes after my bid to bring my ipod back to life had ended I went to bed where the missus was watching TV and there was also a news report on dodgy Apple laptop batteries causing potential fires.

And guess which laptop I have…

When the fuckers aren’t trying to rip me off they’re trying to kill me!

No comments: