Monday, August 21, 2006

Flat Out!

I made my second visit to our local laundrette today. I went clutching a massive bag of family washing at 7.30am to ensure the place would be open and that old Ninja laundry lady would be present.

I walked through the pouring rain to reach the place and on arrival she was sat behind her counter and the place was empty. Excellent, I thought, as I'd be able to get in and out and would be done in no time.

I greeted her with a cheery 'Hello!' as I walked through the door, then as my wet foot hit the slidy laundrette floor surface I flew arse over tit up in the air and crunched down onto my back.

I checked I was fine. I then saw the woman looking over her counter. I assured her I was OK. She smiled. It may even have been a laugh but I am sure that the Ninja laundry lady now thinks I am the comic relief.

No comments: