Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mail Pride…

I’m back from holiday and I’m now back into the swing of family routine and work and coming back in normality is not a bad thing. It’s familiar and it’s comfortable…

Sadly the first thing that greeted me on my return home, apart from the cats, was perhaps one of the most critical and brutal rejection letters I’ve ever received from a theatre company who’d read a play I’d submitted.

The script reader had done a real hatchet job on it and clearly didn’t like it, even though several of the questions he raised were answered in the script if he’d bothered to read it properly.

This majorly hacked me off for a day or so as it’s a play I have real confidence in and still have, but sadly everybody who has read it has universally disliked it.

Rejection is, of course, any would-be writer’s lot and, even worse, it feels I am now further away from achieving my goal of getting anything on at a decent theatre than I was two years ago.

I cheered myself up, however, with the thought that rewrites on one play are going well and I have a few more ideas for new projects. And I am also back training at hapkido. And I used the rejection letter as a taunting toy for the cats and they ripped it to fucking shreds.

Petty. Moi?

No comments: