Friday, December 07, 2007

Simply Red...

The grading results are in and I am now the proud possessor of a brand spanking new red belt.

And much as I was excited to get my new belt it was quite a sad moment when I hung my old belt (brown with red stripe) on my office door with its predecessors. I’ve enjoyed life as a brown belt and I felt comfortable at that level. Now I have to adapt to life as a senior belt and that’s going to mean I have be more focused.

On the plus side it’s going to be at least six months to a year before I grade again so I have plenty of time to consolidate and improve my boxing punches... and my stances... and my forms... and my previous skill sets... and my special hand techniques... and the new form I have to learn... and the skills for the next belt... and my etiquette…

It could be a long year…

No comments: