Sunday, December 02, 2007

Fashion News…

It is Saturday morning and the Missus is telling me off.

Apparently I am too generous with the Boy and my attempts to buy him clothes of his choosing last weekend then trying not to accept the money he offered to repay me for purchasing them has not gone un-noticed.

Consequently I am getting ‘parenting’ advice and a truncated version of the Missus’ advice goes something like this:
‘The problem is we give him an allowance and if he is to ever appreciate the true value of money he has to realise that if he wants expensive clothes then he has to save up for them…’

But this versions lasts for at least 10 minutes less.

Later that afternoon the Boy is eyeing up an expensive jacket in Zara. The Boy has developed a very good eye for clothes and fashion and the jacket does look very good on him. It does, however, also cost more than £100.

So hence my surprise when the Missus offers to pay for it as a treat. The Boy looks suspicious when the offer is first made, but once he’s ascertained there are no strings attached and realises he’s had an absolute touch he agrees to let her purchase the said item.

I immediately raise an eyebrow but before I can even form a line about ‘the importance of teaching the Boy the real value of money’ in my head, the Missus jumps in and offers a new caveat to the Buying Boy Presents Rule.
‘I’m his mother. I’m allowed to…’

I’ll never understand women…

PS. I had my first shave of the week on Saturday night and ended up leaving a tache in the middle of my lip. To be fair the likes of Hitler and Mugabe may have ensured it now has unfortunate associations but it actually looks pretty good. I may start a new trend.

PPS. I won’t be starting a new trend as the Missus pointed out that looking like a facist dictator may not be a good thing. Not even in the name of fashion.

No comments: