Monday, January 26, 2009

If The Cap Fits...

My gorgeous guide son and his family visited From Beer To Paternity Towers at the weekend.

A guide son or a guide daughter is essentially the same thing as a god son or a god daughter but from an atheist point of view. And – minus the religious bits – the general gist is the same, that the guide parent is on hand to watch over the offspring in question and provide additional love, support and help as they grow up.

And my guide son's parents have entrusted me with this responsibility.

The Boy and the Missus, of course, immediately commented that the other potential candidates for this honour must have been pretty bad for me to get the job, but I did point out that I am a god parent to two children already and I have yet to have any sort of malign influence over them. In fact they're both lovely and smart (although I will confess this is obviously down to their parents rather than me).

Anyway it was an absolute pleasure to see both him and his parents and I gave him my first guide parent present, an Ultimate Fighting Championship beanie hat. He looked very cute and it also means nobody at his nursery will mess with him. Ever...

No comments: