Monday, July 21, 2008

Fight Quest VI...

I went to a hapkido grading yesterday to see several friends be put through their paces and it was all pretty fab. I did, however, feel pretty left out as I couldn't be an opponent for anyone as I was still nursing an injury...

So when I got home I went in the back garden and trained on my own for about an hour to see how my injury was doing and it's sort of pretty good, so good in fact that I ventured to the boxing gym today to have a bit of a workout.

I'd been there about half an hour when a very pleasant chap asked me if I wanted to spar a few rounds and I declined, citing injury recovery as my reason. Then a few minutes later my boxing coach came over and encouraged me to give it a go with the words: 'You may be recovering from injury but this is your chance to hit a Tory MP...'

So I was soon gloved up doing some light sparring and it was good fun. He was about the same level as me as a boxer and he was also a very nice fella.

So it looks like I'm nearly back to full fitness and, even better, I can now say I've been gently banged around the ring by a Tory MP and I loved it.

Make your own gags...

No comments: