Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pussy News...

The Missus thinks I am a lunatic because I talk to our remaining cat Buffy, whose mother passed away last year.

The Boy also thinks this a tad odd and he will often come downstairs when the Missus is out and ask me who I was talking to. When I reply 'I was just talking to Buffy...' he looks at me as though I'm not not quite right in the head and wanders off muttering insults under his breath...

But the Missus has now decided she wants a new kitten in the house and has herself started having full-blown conversations with Buffy about how she'll feel about us getting a new kitten (which she has already christened Spike). The Boy is also making casual inquiries about the views of the cat on our impending kitten arrival.

But even worse the Missus is behaving in quite an affectionate way as she tries to convince me that this new addition to From Beer To Paternity Towers will be a good idea. Now I'm not used to marital affection as I've never had it and, to be quite honest, I find it slightly disturbing.

But I am also secretly enjoying the power that being the kitten deal-breaker gives me. I think I could get a new cue out of this if I play my cards right...

No comments: