Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sinner!

Myself, the boy and the missus are sat down eating supper and the boy has discovered my latest transgression. And he’s not happy…

‘You bought a Coldplay song!’
‘It was just the one…’
‘But it’s Coldplay! How could you?’
‘My iTunes window was open and I quite liked it. I tried really hard to resist but I just felt too weak…’
‘He’s been very stressed lately. Feel sorry for your stepfather…’ offers the missus as a means of defence. But the onslaught continues.
‘Well we need have a serious think about this,’ ponders the boy. ‘We need ground rules and the first is that you cannot play it in the house. Ever. Also you cannot hum or sing it at any point. Ever. In fact just never mention it again and we’ll pretend it never happened. You’ll have to live with it as your guilty secret…’
‘But it was just the one. And I only bought it because it sounded like Big Country…’
‘It’s one too many. You need help. In fact, thinking about it, it may be kinder to just kill you…’
‘That is a joke isn’t it?’
‘Depends… Do I still get your comic collection?’

The boy is an evil genius in the making…

1 comment:

Paul said...

I think death would be preferable.
Let's hope I now don't die from ironic jaundice and have 'Yellow' played at my funeral, eh?