Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Specs Appeal: The Sequel...

The new Gregorys have arrived and are ready to picked up. I plan to do this tomorrow.

News glasses always promise so much: they’ll make me more attractive, I’ll look more serious, I’ll look more charming, I’ll look more intellectual, women will fall at my feet, every femme fatale in Paris will want to bed me, the wife may be nice to me – occasionally...

It’s like the start of the football season where your team winning everything on offer is still possible or like the optimism of sending off a new script where success is a certainty and rejection letters are not going to happen.

After a few weeks, of course, the team starts losing and the letters start arriving. And the life-changing new frames and lenses will just become glasses...

No comments: